Peter Lürssen, Managing Partner of Lürssen Yachts, talks about the future of the yachting industry and the need for conservation of our oceans and our planet
Germany-based superyacht builder, Lürssen, among many companies in the yachting industry, is undertaking joint activities with environmental organizations to reduce environmental pollution.
Germany-based superyacht builder, Lürssen, among many companies in the yachting industry, is undertaking joint activities with environmental organizations to reduce environmental pollution. Numerous innovative technologies have already been successfully implemented on Lürssen yachts such as efficient lighting concepts and heat-insulated glass fronts, as well as the use of exhaust gas cleaners and hybrid drives.
Peter Lürssen, Managing Partner of Lürssen, states: “One current project is the research of finding new ways to make better use of the powerplant installed in a yacht. We are researching fuel cell technologies and by the end of the decade we should have emission free yachts sailing the oceans. The day-to-day challenge for us as shipbuilders is above all to integrate highly dependable, new technologies into a confined space, to enable trips to the most distant areas of the world and at the same time to meet the high demands of our customers for the quality, design and efficiency of our yachts.”
Lürssen is a supporter of Water Revolution Foundation —the first independent, international, science-driven, non-profit organization for the yachting community. Its mission is to drive sustainability in the superyacht industry through collaboration and innovation and lead the way to neutralize its ecological footprint and preserve the world’s precious oceans.
Additionally, Lürssen is a supporter of the Blue Marine Foundation – an organization that is dedicated to restoring healthy oceans by securing marine protected areas and protecting their biodiversity. Their mission is to protect 30% of the world’s oceans by 2030 and manage the other 70% in a responsible way.
Lürssen would like to encourage more individuals and companies to work together to save not only the future of the yachting industry, but our oceans and not least our planet.