Burger Boat teams up with Gregory C. Marshall Design on a new 120ft Raised Pilothouse
Burger Boat Company has released its newest yacht concept, the Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht.
Burger Boat Company has released its newest yacht concept, the Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht. Designed in a close partnership with Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architects, this new concept was developed to offer an alternative to the typical raised pilothouse configuration and was.
The Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht is available in a variety of interior configurations, allowing the owner to partner with the Burger Design Team to create a yacht that is unique to their ambition and personal requirements. The hull shape has been optimized with Computational Fluid Dynamics and the final configuration has been tank tested at the Wolfson Unit in the United Kingdom to confirm performance characteristics.
“Our focus is always on providing options that excite our clients,” says Jim Ruffolo, president of Burger Boat Company. “We’ll start with a blank sheet of paper or a concept like the Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht. Either way, we design and build yachts that our clients can take around the world with family and friends to enjoy all the best that life has to offer.”
The new Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse has large hull windows that provide plenty of natural light throughout the yacht, including the guest and crew cabins. Her initial design calls for an on-deck owner’s stateroom with large windows, his-and-hers bathrooms, a private office and four ensuite guest staterooms. The two aft guest cabins feature king-size berths while the two forward guest cabins are convertible, allowing each cabin to feature a king-size berth or two twin sized berths. Pullman berths are also installed in the forward guest cabins. The design allows for an eat-in galley with a large pantry. Its expansive crew area features three ensuite cabins for up to six people, with a large lounge/crew’s mess area. The crew area features discrete access to the guest accommodations via a private, watertight door, and direct access to the forward mechanical room, providing easy crew access for maintenance and service. The professional galley features a large dinette for use by the crew or as a country kitchen.
As an all-custom build, clients have a wealth of choices for interior and exterior finishes and details. The owner will work in a close partnership with the Burger Design Team to determine the exact specifications of the yacht’s interior layout. The sun deck offers expansive views of the surrounding area and houses a 20ft Novurania Catamaran Tender, jet ski and hot tub. The area also features a day head, large lounging and dining areas, and a helm to starboard. Access to the sun deck is via a comfortable stairwell from the aft deck or via the Pilot House forward. A hardtop is provided for those who prefer to enjoy the shade. The yacht’s interior configuration creates significant space for a large beach club and sports room aft. The yacht also features a large storage area, provided under the sun deck, for water toys, kayaks, cleaning supplies and more. Easy access to this space is via a large hatch aft.
Burger owners, including the future owner of the new Burger 120 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht, also have the option of joining Burger’s Burger Care® program. Burger Care® provides Burger owners with 24/7 shipyard support and is available to help owners continue to enjoy Limitless adventures in their new Burger.
Specifications & Features
- Length Overall: 120ft
- Beam: 25ft 7in
- Draft: 5ft 3in
- Construction: Aluminum
- Propulsion engines: Quad Volvo Penta D13-IPS 1350 @ 1000 HP Each
- Cruising speed: Approximately 18 knots
- Top speed: Approximately 23 knots
- Volvo Penta Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) with joystick maneuvering for easy control in tight spaces
- Volvo Penta Clear Wake System, directing exhaust gases to above water discharge while at idle
- Four Kohler 40kW generators, reducing generator loading, providing reliable redundancy and automatically brought online as power needs increase
- Humphree Interceptor System, including auto trim, list and coordinated turn features to automatically correct the yacht’s trim and list, optimizing performance with programming to the specific characteristics of this yacht
- Seakeeper Gyro Stabilization
- Zero Speed Fin Stabilization
- Nautical Structures Hydraulic Passarelle
- Fuel Capacity: Approximately 9,540 U.S. Gallons
- Fresh Water Capacity: Approximately 1,520 U.S. Gallons
- Naval Architect: Gregory C. Marshall Naval Architect
- Interior Design: Burger Design Team