107-metre Benetti giga yacht LANA wins Yacht of the Year at World Yachts Trophies 2019
September 17, 2019
The 107m/351ft Benetti giga yacht LANA (ex FB277) has won Yacht of the Year at the World Yachts Trophies 2019 – one of a total of seven accolades that Azimut|Benetti Group received at the closing event at the Cannes Yachting Festival.
The giga yacht, designed entirely by the shipyard inside and out, is constructed with a steel hull and aluminium superstructure and uses diesel-electric propulsion. The bow is designed for comfortable passages through rough seas, while the stern sections on each deck curve into soft lines that extend downwards.
Among her award-winning features is a sun deck swimming pool, a grand piano, a spa containing a hammam, a massage room and gym, plus a touch-n’-go helipad. Her maximum beam is 15.2m/49.9ft and her interior volume comes to 3,300 GT to create spacious rooms on board, and the contemporary design makes use of large windows to flood the interiors with an abundance of natural light.
Azimut|Benetti Group took six more awards at the 18th edition of the World Yachts Trophies:
- M/Y AZIMUT ATLANTIS 45 – Best Interior Design: Yachts between 45 and 64 feet (13.70 and 19.50 meters)
- M/Y AZIMUT 78 FLY – Best Layout: Yachts between 64 and 80 feet (19.50 and 24 meters)
- M/Y AZIMUT S8 – Best Evolution Product
- M/Y AZIMUT GRANDE S10 – Best Exterior Award: Yachts between 80 and 98 feet (24 and 30 metres)
- M/Y METIS – Best Exterior Design: Yachts between 164 and 270 feet (50 and 82 meters)
- Paolo Vitelli – Special acknowledgement: Outstanding Career